Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

SJ's Little Musings Friday Freebie...

Well it's Friday, and you know what day that is.....SJ's Little Musings Friday Freebie Day. This week SJ has come up with something a little bit different.....we have a musing with no head!...."Off with her head" as the Queen of Hearts said in Alice in Wonderland. SJ is always so wonderful with her musings and this week she not only gives you a version to colour yourself...she also gives you one coloured with clouds and one coloured with clouds and a sentiment.....I used the coloured with clouds one and added my own sentiment. I found the quote on the internet and thought it matched the image perfectly....it says...
"On a bad day, 
I have mood swings - but on a good day, 
I have the whole mood playground. "
I loved it and thought it would work as a card to a best friend...who knows what your mood swings are like....LOL
So I took the image, and added the sentiment in Photoshop Elements, when it was printed the skin was a little pale (darn printer) and so I added some more colour to the skin and jumper with my Copics. The papers are a real mix....Wild Rose Studions (pink dotted), 3Bugs (green plaid), and Pink Paislee (green damask/brocade). I have backed the card and image with green and pink Bazill cardstock. I have added a few embellishments....I just can't make a card with no embellies...LOL. The pink cherry blossoms were from Creative Treasures as was the heart pin, the star pin is by Making Memories, the ribbon was found lurky in my ribbon mountain, butterflies were punched with my Martha Stewart punch, I added two layers to each one, the top layer being vellum. I finally finished off with a butterfly sentiment by Craftwork Cards.

Be sure to check out SJ's Little Musings blog to see what the rest of the DT made with her.


**StampInsanity update....if you go over to the StampInsanity website and become a member of The Asylum (a follower) there will be a Maddie freebie once we reach 50 Asylum members....we are at 44 so not many needed.....hurry peeps...I need another Maddie!!!**

5 comments:

Dazie said...

Its gorgeous! I love the sentiment you have used too!
Dazie
x

Sandra said...

Hello,
it´s fantastic and beautifully coloured. Have a nice day.
Hugs Paula

tanja said...

lovely card caz and swing stamp like it on by tanja

Beth aka BR-T said...

Caz this is terrific I grabbed the great image this morning! Beth

Creative Treasures said...

Such a fab card the image is fab and those butterflies are so cute :)

Tracy
x