Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

Dad's Birthday

Here is a card I made for my Dad's birthday (which was yesterday). I have used a stamp by Funstamps coloured with Copics. The papers are by Basic Grey "Granola". I kept it pretty simple by just adding some string and a few buttons from my stash, and finally finished with a sentiment by Craftwork Cards layered onto an oval and scalloped ival punched with my SU punches and attached using 3d foam. Mens cards are always so hard....it isn't so bad if they have a hobby, and you have a stamp for said hobby...Dad's hobbies don't have stamps...LOL He has always loved a pint....so that is why I think I bought this stamp many years ago...and I think I used it for the first time this year.

We took Dad out for dinner to celebrate and watched him in the garden back at my Sisters with his two grandaughters fussing over him, collecting this kisses from their cards....LOL...he did the same to Georgia back in May when he put kisses in her card and wanted to collect them.


8 comments:

Marina said...

A great card! Love the beer foam - mmmmhhhh!

Marina :O)

Laura (Faerielore) said...

great card and so perfect. love the foam

Mel said...

Fabulous card I bet your Dad loved it ~ Mel x

Anonymous said...

Really like this :)

Tammy said...

Great Card!

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card, it would be perfect for any of the males in my family!! lol

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Classroomfree said...

Great card, perfect :o)

Unknown said...

Great card,thanks for sharing with us

--
Michell
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments