Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Friday Sketchers - Sketch 51 by Carole of England

This week the sketch over on Friday Sketcher has been provided by Carole. For my card I have used one of the new Greeting Farm stamps, she is called "Dahlia" and is from the "Wild Sprouts" range. I have coloured her with my new Copics...
Skin - E00/E11/R20
Hair - E47/E49
Clothing - R59/Y28/YR23

The papers are also from The Greeting Farm called "Sunny Glen"...their first ever set of papers....and they are very cute and whimsical. I have also used some Prima blossoms attached with spacers and Doodlebug sugar coated brads. I have finished off with some swirls cut with my Quickutz Revolution die, and a sentiment by Craftwork Cards.

Here is a picture of the decorated inside...
Sadly David's Dad passed away this morning, so we are all filled with sadness today. My Father in Law was a kind sweet man, always there when you needed him, but never one to force himself or his opinions on anyone else. May is never a good month for us as we have lost so many loved ones in May over the years. With Georgia's 7th birthday next Saturday at least we have something to celebrate.

9 comments:

kuka said...

Hi Caz
So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Caz, love the colour combo!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

Fabby card hun, love her.. and can't wait for mine to drop on the doormat next week!
You know my thoughts are with you, David and Georgia at this sad time, chin up honey xxxx

Cardmaking Galore said...

Cute card! love the swirls and the image

Lynne Fahey said...

Loving your card creation Caz, as always.

So sorry to hear about David's Dad, my thoughts are with you and your family, and please let me know if I can do anything for you.

Luv Lynne
x

sugarplum said...

love the colour you have used. Sorry to hear of your husbands sad loss. Losing a parent at any age is a terribly sad time.Glad that you both have your daughters birthday to look towards

Gin said...

So sorry to hear your sad news. Please pass my condolences to Pam. Thinking of you all.

Tammy said...

Love it Love it Love it.
Love all the texture and detials.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Caz, what a fun image and lovely papers.
So sorry to hear about your FIL...my thoughts are with you.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole x