Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Sugar Bowl - Challenge 6 "Mother's Day"

The challenge over on The Sugar Bowl is to make a card or other craft project suitable for a Mother. I have chosen to make a Mother's Day card. For my card I have used one of the new Gorjuss Girls. She has been coloured with Distress Inks using the following colours...

Tattered Rose (Skin)
Walnut Stain (Hair)
Faded Jeans (Dress & Boots)
Antique Linen/Walnut Stain (Envelope & Tights)
The papers are Basic Grey "Granola", I have also added some 99p ribbon from HobbyCraft, Prima Blossoms attahced with a brad and spacer and a heart pin. The sentiment has been created using a Stampin' Up stamp and a diecut from Craftwork Cards.

Below is a picture of the decorated inside, which I have done using the scraps.

Thanks for Gayle and the DT for the challenge....all the cards/projects were stunning again.

My first delivery of birthday cards has arrived and it was so lovely opening them. Never before have I received so many beautiful hand crafted cards...so far I have had cards from Monika (a cute bookmark in a pocket), Marlene, Lynn and Jayne. They are all so beautiful, I cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings. My Spring Club Kit also arrived from Magnolia this morning, and now they are cut up ready to ink....

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely card as always Caz and loving the Gorjuss girls stamps:) xx

Enfys said...

This is wonderful Caz. I think we were at the NEC on the same day, I had lunch with DawnyP, then we got split up so I didn't get to meet you. Maybe next time.....
hugs
Enfys x

Tracey said...

I love this card Caz! The Gurjuss Girl stamps are, well, gorgeous!!

Annie said...

fabby card you have created with this gorjuss girl and I'm sure Mum will love her. hugs, annie x

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Caz.

hugs Riet.x

Kathy said...

Pretty card! I love the colors and of course that image is darling! Love the sentiment as well! :)kathy

jan said...

Another stunner Caz, I love the animal print papers and the gorjuss girl is beautifully coloured. Have fun with your new Magnolias I have been playing with mine as well and they are fabulous, I would love to send you a card, but unfortunately I don't have your address, sob, lol.

Hugs and happiness Jan xx

Carisa said...

OMG, that is the sweetest mom's day card ever! love love love your cards!

Lilian said...

Pretty card and the image is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Laura (Faerielore) said...

stunning card i love these gorjuss images so much xxx

Rosette said...

Lovely card Caz..we used the same image for this challenge !! lol :)

Victoria said...

fantastically coloured and love the use of papers and accessories x