Search This Blog

Monday, January 05, 2009

Getting back in the swing of things...

OK, so I hope you are sitting comfortably...this will be a long one...LOL

So I am feeling so much better, almost back to full strength. Thanks for all the get well wishes, I am sure they all helped. So if any of you read Marlene's Blog, you will have seen her showing off pics of her newly decorated Gorjuss iPhone. So I thought I would take the opportunity to show my iPod, Nintendo DS, and Laptops.... So first the iPod...

This is just the back there is something on the front, but the main image is on the back. There is a funny story that goes with this iPod....trust me, it could only happen to me. David asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I told him a Red iPod Nano, so he told me to go ahead and order one. I thought it would be nice to have an engraved one, so ordered from Apple direct...anyway I was having problems with my broadband connection which resulted in me having to bo back a couple of times...well I made a mistake on the engraving...so under the Gorjuss image it says....."This is iPod is the property of Caroline Sears". ...LOL did you know that within 5 minutes of confirming your order Apple are getting ready to engrave.....well I do now. The Guy was really sweet and said as a gesture of goodwill I could send it back for replacement....but I decided to keep it and remember the funny story.

So next we have my Nintendo DS...

Now onto the notebook (top image) and 17" Laptop (bottom image)...

So I am now fully Gorjussed up....and waiting patiently for the stamps to come. ***ETA - These can be purchased fully licensed of course from http://www.skinizi.com/ who are based in France.***

In other news I was very lucky to be picked for some Sugar Nellie "Candy" and will be receiving 4 Sugar Nellie stamps.....2 will be from the new release.....yay me. All I can say is that it lifted my spirits as I was feeling a little melancholy, as from the 31st January I will no longer be on the GoGo Design Team. I have had an amazing time during the two years that I have been designing for them, but both they and I need a change, and while change is good, it is with a little saddness that it is the end of an era. I wish Lorraine & Janice @ ScrapaGoGo all the best and I am sure they will continue to go from strength to strength. So now I am open to and looking for new challenges.....who knows what 2009 will bring.
While I spent a fab day with Marlene on Sunday I finally took the plunge and had a go at watercolouring with Distress Inks.....and here is the pre-card result...
So apart from the Boy looking a little flushed I am pleased with my first attempt.....so much so that I went and ordered some more, ok loads of other colours. I already had 3 and Marlene gave me some of her duplicates and I was lucky to have a voucher to spend with http://www.sillymonkeycrafts.co.uk/ from my lovely friend Lynsey...and also some shopping points....so now I am just waiting on some more colours so that I can do some more. I do love the effect, and it so much easier that when I tried to watercolour before......thanks to the hot pressed paper.

So if you come back tomorrow, you may actually see a card...LOL

Happy New Year

8 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow, just look at those ! I would love my DS to look like that - definately a talking point ! I do a lot of painting with distress inks - they are fantastic and so versatile - you will love it I am sure.

Take care,

Jo x

MichelleO said...

Ok... wow! did you make those covers or purchase them? Really wonderful, and girl your first attempt!! You ROCK!
HUGS
MichelleO

Denise Clark said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sometimes it takes a bit to get our strength back.

You did a great job with your distress ink painting! I love the vivid colors! Can't wait to see the card!

Amanda said...

wow love those covers.
love the card too, great colouring.

Kit said...

wow Caz, I am loving the DS covering and the work you have done with the distress inks is gorgeous.

sugarnellie said...

SO its clear you lurv Gorjuss, but did you know of Suzanne before we told you about her?

Wonder if your candy will be gorjuss...........what new stamps will arrived in the house of sugar first?

Great to hear you are feeling better and intresting to here you are no longer under contract with the gogo team .

Annie said...

good to see you blogging Caz and hope that 2009 brings nice surprises for you - you have started well! hugs, annie xx

Emma said...

Wow love your covers. Your colouring looks fab to me.
Emma x