Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Decorated Storage

OK, now that Marlene has me hooked on Distress Inks (I still love my ProMarkers) I needed somewhere to store them nicely. Marlene has the lovely Tim Holtz storage box, but it costs anywhere between £22 -£17 (Cuddly Buddly were the cheapest I found, with reasonable P&P too) and I wanted to save my money after just spending my money on the ink pads. So I had a box at home that I got a christmas pressie in and it was just a little bigger than the Tim Holtz box, so I have covered it with Skull & Crossbones paper from Paperchase and I have made dividers for the inside from an old pizza box. I have then painted the dividers and covered the inside of the box with Bazzill cut to size. To protect the edges I have used 7Gypsies Gaffer Tape (I ran out, but thanks to Jill @ ATDML I have some on the way).

Front/Inside

Back
It is now all ready for the release of the Gorjuss Girls as they are very gothic looking and I think they will look great decorating my box. What I have not taken a pic of is the cover. The box has a slide on acetate cover (which still fits) and I am going to add a 7Gypsies handle tonight so that it can be carried around. The good thing about mine over the Tim Holtz one is....it's unique and also has space for more pads....should they release more in the future...the Tim Holtz one only holds 24. I am also trying to decide whether to make horizontal dividers....but thought I would see how I feel about it as I can always add them later.
What do you think of it????

12 comments:

Amanda said...

looks fantastic hun. room for more too what a fab idea:)

Diane.W. said...

That looks great!!!
I nearly bought the tin,but not sure if it would annoy me,not being able to see the shades?!
I just have them stacked on my desk,so I can grab em,lol!!! :o)x

Sarah said...

this is wicked - love the stitched look gaffer tape, that really finishes it off perfectly

now I need to find out more about these "gorjuss girls" ... off to investigate

Classroomfree said...

what do I think of it? I think it's FABulous! Very inventive of you :o)

Kit said...

great idea Caz

MichelleO said...

Now this is what I call thinking "outside the box!" I love coming up with BETTER more decorative storage than the expensive things that are intended! Personalized!
HUGS
MichelleO

Jo said...

Fabulous box! now if you just stick a little label on the front of your inkpads with the colour name, you'll know exactly which one is which!

Annie said...

fabulous carry case you made Caz! Mine are in a drawer in my wheelie trolly but I have a mix of pads and re-inkers so will have to think about different storage solutions! hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

GORJUSSSSSS!!

mazx

Summer Loving Gal said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me the info on the Gorjuss stamps at SugarNellie. I SO appreciate that and will be watching out for them now.
Great storage box too!!!

MarkerGeek said...

I think it looks fab, Caz! I could do with something to store my Distress Inks in, not that I have all of them yet!

Definitely ideal for adding the Gorjuss girls to! Actually I found some fab papers in one of the Rusty Pickle ranges that I picked up ready for the Gorjuss release - one of the pirate themed lines, with lots of skulls, but in black and pink.

Unknown said...

Hey Caz what a fantastic box, bet it feels good know that you created it for a fraction of the cost too!
TFS
Chat soon
Jx