Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2008

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #26

Here is a card I made using the lovely skech over on the Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog. For my card I have used the Tilda from the Winter Club Kit and the lampost is from the Christmas collection. I have coloured both the images with ProMarkers using the following colours...
Ivory/Blush (Skin)
Ruby (Coat , Boots & Hat)
Vanilla (Gloves & Tights)
Metallic Silver/Rose Pink (Bell)
Cool Grey 4/Gold (Lampost)
Pastel Blue (Shadow)

The papers are KI Memories Love Elsie "Noel", with buttons by Doodlebug and the sentiment and other stamped images are by Kelly Panacci and Hampton Art respectively. Finally I added Stickles for the snow and Sakura clear glitter gel to Tilda's hair.

I had a lovely day with the family yesterday, and came home with something incredibly precious. My Dad let me have my Mum's engagement and eternity rings. Now neither have huge financial value, but their sentimental value is priceless. The engagement ring is mis-shaped and the band has thinned and the eternity ring is missing a small diamond. I have decided to take them to the jewellers to be cleaned and the engagement ring reshaped and the band strengthened. Dad also let Georgia have one of Mums necklaces...a little 9ct gold ragdoll (I am sure it was one I got for her) and Georgia says it is very precious and that she will take great care of it...bless her. My Sister also got one of Mum's rings...a band with carved letters spelling "Love"...also in need to strengthening due to years of wear...but it was a ring my Sister has always loved and seemed fitting that it went to her. I stood with Dad reminising, and both of us were close to tears. This year will be our 5th Christmas without her, and we still miss her as much as ever....does that feeling ever leave you?

So I am busy getting things ready for the Christmas Bazaar at Georgia's school.....I am in the crafting area...no surprise there...LOL

8 comments:

Gin said...

Caz, how lovely to have your Mums rings I have one of my Mums. I'm afraid even after 15 years 1 still miss my Mum especially when something particularly good or bad happens but luckily I have many happy memories.

jo said...

very stunning hun, there award on my blog for you huggs jo x

Denise Clark said...

Caz, the rings are such a precious gift! I am wearing my grandmothers wedding rings. It means so much to me to have them and have used them for my own marriage.

Your card is so pretty! Love what you do with these images!

Annie said...

what a wonderful gift your Dad has given you all, and such precious memories to treasure allways. your card is fabulous as always and good luck for the school bazaar. hugs, annie x

100drine said...

Très jolie carte

COCO said...

whouah !!! your coloring is very super !!! fab card caz !!!!

Sarah C said...

Caz, i found your blog through you winning the prize on Daring Card Makers - congrats on that :D

Your day with your Dad sounds truly wonderful. What a lovely thing for him to give you all something of your Mum's to treasure. My Mum still won't part with my Dad's things and this will be our 6th Christmas without him. Day to day life gets easier, but I'm expecting there will always be times that are hard. Sending you hugs xoxoxo

Sandra said...

Fabulous card Caz. I'm loving the new Christmas Tilda's too. Great touch with the snow.
Wonderful that your daugther already knows how precious her necklace is.
HUgs
Sandra xx