Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

A Couple of Halloween Projects...

While in Asda on Friday evening I stocked up on some of their 10p notepads. After a recent Stampin' Up evening with Michelle, I was inspired to decorate some, and with Halloween almost upon us, I made these for my Niece & Nephew (Hannah & James). They really are so simple, but my Sister couldn't believe they were just 10p notebooks. So I have covered them with Halloween papers by Junkitz (they are last years, possibly even from 2006...LOL). The images are both by hAnglar & stAnglar and have been coloured with ProMarkers using the following colours...
Ivory/Blush(Skin)
Black/Amethyst/Pumpkin (Witch Costume)
Cocoa (Hair)
Cinnamon/Cocoa (Broom)
Amethyst/Ice Grey 1/2/& 3 (Vampire Costume)
Cocoa/Umber (Hair)
I have added some diecut stickers to the covers and also some American Craft & Bo Bunny ribbons. The kids were so pleased with them that they took them to the restaurant and were writing spooky poems and story ideas.

I still have plenty left (make that 28...LOL) but have plans for some for Christmas for Georgia's school friends.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Caz, they are fantastic what a fab idea. Look forward to seeing your christmas ones too. Fab colouring!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabby idea cas

cheaper than using BInd it all and making them yourself

i feel a shopping visit coming on LOL

hugs jane x

Annie said...

these are fabulous Caz! and lucky you to find a bargain - nothing that down here. hugs, annie x

CraftyC said...

Great idea Caz, and such a bargain!
Clairexx

Nerdy Girl.... The Life of Linda said...

What an excellent idea, and so very cheap to make to... I love them.

Unknown said...

Fab notebooks. I did something similar this weekend. Can't remember if I've blogged them! Love your blog.