Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2007

First Day of Half Term

Well day one of the half term holidays is over, and it was a good day. Georgia and I spent the morning doing odd jobs around the house, and then some crafting together. She made herself a mini book, and added a picture of Daddy & Mummy...she even altered the colours of our outfits with pens....Andy Warhol style.

The doorbell seemed to ring on and off all day. First I had the RM parcel gut deliver a special delivery item...My Bind-It All machine...and it if fab, not that I have had a chance to play. So a huge thanks to Lorraine & Janice. Then the regular postie knocks on the door with a small bundle which included my Scrapbook Trends magazines, some WRMK Designer Eyelets from ScrapMagic, and a parcel from Making Memories in the US. Last month I sent an email complaining about the quality of their new chipboard buttons as the two packs I received were a mess with the epoxy resin stuff peeling away from the button. Anyway they sent me a new pack as replacement. They were out of stock of the halloween ones, so sent me some halloween shimmer brads instead...plus a couple of sheets of rubons as a little extra. It seems I have been reasonably lucky (touch wood) as the only parcel I have had gone missing was my September Jenni Bowlin kit, and that was sent before the strikes and a replacement has now been received..so it's all good.

Anyway I have a picture to share of my nephew Alex. It is hard to believe from these pictures, but Alex is only 16 years old. It sounds such a cliche, but he went away a typical moody teen and came back a young man. he has filled out and matured, which seems such a shock given that he has only been away for just over 6 weeks.

My sister collected him on Friday and drove up with her husband and one of their kids, James who is 8. He has been missing his big brother, maybe more than any of Alex's other siblings. Anyway he has a fantastic time going around the barracks, seeing where Alex sleeps...and here is a picture of him...

No comments: