Search This Blog

Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Idea Factory...

Today was MKScrappers monthly crop, and I didn't complete a single 12x12 page in the 6 hours I was there...I did however finish my ScrapaGoGo Design Team CJ, and also alter a clock. The new (well new to me) venue was fabulous, loved the light and space. It was such a huge improvement on the old space. We even had a fab little atrium area where would could kit and eat if we wanted. It had a glass ceiling so was flooded with wonderful light.

I also had so many fab ideas today it was unheard of. While doing the CJ lots of the ladies came up to take a quick look. Some had seen the picture I put here yesterday and wanted to see it in the flesh. They loved it so much that we decided to do it as a kit for the December Xmas Crop, which is always a big event with a larger project/kit. Then everyone was watching as I altered the clock, it was then decided that we would do altered clocks for next months class project....I think Lyns now has to go and buy 20...yes 20 clocks from Instore tomorrow afternoon. So now the clock is finished (it was done at the crop but I needed to add 3 final pictures to the top of the clock). This is going to be a New Home gift for my Little Sister who should be moving house during the school holidays. I am really pleased, especially as it has been sitting on the side next to me for the last 10 days begging me to alter it...so now I need to go back to Instore and buy a couple more...as I need one. I have already decided that I want it in the lounge and I will us e BasicGrey Urban Couture papers. So here it is...leave me a comment and let me know what you think. So I used Bam Pop Volume One papers and diecuts, American Craft RootBeer Float Thickers in Black, Heidi Swapp Clock Face and the hand is cut from a Sizzlit die. I have left lots of speech & thought bubbles empty and I am going to ask my Sisters Kids (pictured) what they want in their bubbles.

If you would like some instruction, leave me a comment and and I will post some here.

Anyway back to the ideas...so then I came up with the idea of doing a matchbox book. Not the regular size ones, but the larger box that your Nan used to have in the kitchen to light the stove...well I don't know about the rest of you but mine both did. Then I think Rachael had the idea to do a Beer Coaster kit, so now we have enough ideas for the rest of the years crops...it really makes planning so much easier for both Rachael & Lynsey. My final idea was to bring blue tack to the next crop, and for people to stick their layouts to the walls for everyone to admire, which also makes it easier for Rachael to take pictures to share on the MKScrappers Blog.

So now I cannot wait until next month when I can see what fab creation the ladies come up with...it is always wonderful to see how different they all look.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Caz,
Thank-you for the kind comments you left on my blog!It was such a nice surprise to see your name there! Yes i am still around and lurking! I am in love with that clock! and yes i would LOVE the instructions on how to! Sounds like you have loads of fun at your crops as much as i do at mine. Keep smiling and having fun lovely lady and now i know where you are - will pop in more and say hi!
Take Care B XX

Gin said...

Love the clock Caz. New venue is good isn't it?

Angela said...

am loving that clock!!!

willowthewysp said...

Loving the clock Caz!
xx