Search This Blog

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Another hectic weekend

This weekend was much more of the same here. David was working all over the weekend...he hasn't had a day off in six, yes, six weeks. It is not through choice either. The contract he is leading can only be done outside of the Company's regular production shifts. So Georgia and I entertained ourselves on Saturday by watching Live Earth. I enjoyed many of the acts, but some were not to my taste. I thought the RHCP were fab, as were The Foo Fighters and Keane. The Pussy Cat Dolls final song (Don't Cha) was great....so many men were busy taking pics of the stunning girls strutting their stuff up on the stage in front of them...it was so funny. I was disappointed to miss Genesis as I love some of their stuff from the 70's/80's. But the most disappointing for me was Madonna. She walked onto the stage and used foul language. Now don't get me wrong, I swear, but not this word (the MotherF word). And how that woman can advocate we all change our ways when she has a carbon footprint that experts have estimated to be the equivalent of 54 Americans or 102 Brits or 15, 528 Malawayians just beggars belief. Maybe if she flew around less in private jets/commercial jets then that would be a start. She can make more of a difference just by changing her own ways, instead of preaching to us. Again, don't get me wrong, we use energy efficient bulbs, we don't keep the house too hot, we turn off applicances from standby, we recycle and have a compost bin. Plus we don't have huge gas guzzling cars. But I do take offence...ok rant over.

Today we went to visit my Dad, Sister and her family. We had a lovely day, even though they were all a little hungover from the previous nights party. My Sister loved her clock and it was immediately hung up in place of her boring old Next clock.

I have also made another altered clock. I used the Bam Pop papers again (I am loving their quirkiness), this one is for the staff in Reception where Georgia goes to school. Their clock was damaged by one of the children visiting from September's intake. So here it is...

I am giving it to them tomorrow, so fingers crossed they like it as much as I do.

My clock for my Sister is now featured in the Bam Pop Gallery...so take a look... http://www.bampop.com/

Caz x



2 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I love your altered clock. I have a Heidi Swapp clock overlay and I've never known what to do with it. You've given me some food for thought, thanks

Monica Gale said...

Fab clocks,very clever.Oh and would you mind if I just drop a little tagg on to you?Hop over my blog to have a look.((HUGS))